Saturday, December 24

Review: One Night Stand

One Night Stand One Night Stand by Jennifer Sucevic
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's highly surprising for me to read something mid-series but I was a bit excited to get my hands on this book. So I broke one of my reading rules and didn't bother myself with the first two books in this series.

To say the least, this read turned out to be a surprisingly good one. I was instantaneously hooked and I personally think that a bit of editing really went into this work. I even noticed that the sentence construction was clean so that only told me that there was great reading ahead.

I am a bit apprehensive about the main conflict in this story. I personally dwell on age gap problems as well so I am a bit biased when it comes to the topic. Will Liam and Gia really last down the line? My biases come into play and say no. But I thought they were really well written characters and well meant. Liam seemed to be more mature than boys his age and Gia was a totally relatable character even if one may not have been in her situation. Our society is definitely the type that would put the blame on her just because she is the older woman.

But even though the age gap discussion was brought up repeatedly to the point of annoyance (stop harping on it already!), the entire plot and narrative saved this book for me. This is my first JS book and for a story with a conflict that is one of my real life no-no, I was pretty impressed. I guess it's time for me to look up the first two books in the series, huh?

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com