Monday, January 2

Review: Bad Husband

Bad Husband Bad Husband by Shey Stahl
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wow! What a surprisingly good read. The first time I came across this book, I thought to give it a skip. But after reading great reviews about it, I decided to give it a go. I can't say no to second chance romances anyway.

This story was told in male POV and I always get a kick from that because it doesn't come around very often, especially the good ones. And this book was one of those. Despite the main theme and overall feel being a serious one, I never found the narrative boring. It was actually engaging and easy to go through, so easy that I had to check if this was a full-length novel or a novella since it didn't take me long to finish.

I loved reading all about Ridley's efforts to get back together with his wife. It just went to show that his family was really important to him even with the finality of divorce looming over them. What I actually annoyed me about this was Madison's reason about filing for a divorce. (Although I won't go into more details to avoid giving away spoilers.) Ugh! Whatever happened to talking it out with your partner when things started to feel like they are falling apart? It wasn't like Ridley was an abusive husband. He was just a really busy one. It just irked me that she was a little too immature with how she dealt with things. Eh, but then again we wouldn't have any story to read if otherwise.

But all's well that ends well. I understood Ridley's hurt and disappointment in the end because I felt that he deserved much more than he and his feelings were treated. What is important was that he and Madison finally communicated about their situation, their marriage, and what they wanted out from it. Not to mention that their kids were too adorable and deserved their parents to be together.

Loved this book and would totally recommend it to anyone looking for second chance romances!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com