Sunday, January 8

Review: Exes - A Second Chance Billionaire Romance Novel

Exes - A Second Chance Billionaire Romance Novel Exes - A Second Chance Billionaire Romance Novel by Aria Hawthorne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I don't know why but this is the second time I have read AH and both times, I felt that I wasn't really reading a contemporary romance but rather a dystopian one. I don't know where it comes from but that's the kind of aura I'm getting from her books. I don't think it's from as superficial as her black-and-white covers either. Nevertheless, I like it. It gives off a different vibe compared to a regular contemporary romance.

With that said, I'm really enjoying AH's books. They are not just simple romantic reads but there are subplots that make for some very interesting reading. Yes, we gobble up the love stories left and right so we have to look for something else that would set a book apart from the rest. And Ms Hawthorne definitely knows how to weave her subplots into her love stories without causing a distraction. Not a lot of authors can pull that off.

So I really enjoyed this book and Alma's quest for a piece of glass antiquity. There was always the question of will she or won't she find it. I also enjoyed the first part of the book when she and Harvey (unknowingly) were texting each other. But it bothered me that she never let on to him and it bothered me that he kept on with the charade even after realizing that he was texting Alma, his ex-wife, all along. I got that he still loved her and wanted to get back together with her but underhandedly manipulating their new "relationship" was not a good way to put himself back in her good graces. But that's just my opinion.

All in all, this was still an interestingly good read. If you are looking for a bit of second-chance romance with a dash of old-school mystery, this is your pick.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com