Monday, January 7

Review: Parisian Nights

Parisian Nights Parisian Nights by Louise Bay
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I have been totally remiss from my reading duties in 2018 that I decided to at least finish the books I have started mid-year during the holidays. Now I just need the reviews to be up.

Now, I had high hopes for this (for its series really) because I have loved the LB books that I have read before. Not only that, but also because the main characters in this book seemed normal--there's too many billionaires and the rich and the famous around for me to want some fresh air. But as it turned out, I didn't even manage to get something as trivial as that because Jake turned out to be, well, a millionaire. I was also rooting for Haven because she started out to be relatable. But the constant running away from difficult situations really put a damper on her character. It became tiresome in the end.

All in all, the chemistry between Jake and Haven just didn't give me enough feels. It's not even bad writing because it wasn't. It was just one of those stories when things just didn't gel together. I still would say that I would give the rest of the series a go and hopefully find a better book among them.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com