Monday, July 29

Review: A Nordic King

A Nordic King A Nordic King by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Ahhh! What can I say except that I love this book! I have almost lost hope in this series because the first two books didn't really meet my expectations. I decided to read this book because I have always been curious about Aksel's character and how he was portrayed as the brooding widower king. It couldn't be helped that I may have been secretly rooting for him to have the happy ever after that he deserved.

I'm just thankful I decided to stay on and check out the last book in this series. It really turned out to be a surprisingly wonderful read. The best thing I liked was the unhurried storyline, that there was an actual story development and none of those insta-love stories that are only too rampant these days. I saw how the main characters developed too in the span of several months from when they met and to when they eventually got together. Good pacing in any story is always appreciated.

And the chemistry between Aksel and Aurora? That was just awesome to read. You know it was simmering from the start but it was so satisfying when they reached that final step in making that definite change in their relationship, leaving the boss-nanny situation behind. I just went giddy with these two! Aksel also turned out to be a dirty talking sexy Dane when he is not doing his royal duties. That might the sexiest thing about him. *heart flutters again*

The rest of the book was just the right mix of little things thrown in to make the perfectly concocted royal romance. Aurora's relationship with Aksel's children was too cute, Aunt Maja was the serious aunt you secretly want to have, and let's not forget about Snarf Snarf!

All in all, a great read and a definite recommendation. I'm not sure about the first two books but if you only have time to read one of the three, this is your surest bet!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com