Saturday, September 14

Review: The Chase

The Chase The Chase by Elle Kennedy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book came highly recommended by my sisters and since they usually don't do recos, that was really a big thing. Because this book was part of a series, I really wanted to wait until all books were out so I can binge on them. But my soul is weak and my sisters' excitement on the release of the third book didn't help in my holding out.

So I eventually gave in. And thank the book gods that I did--I've been on a reading binge since then! Yay!

Well, back to the book. Hmm. Honestly, I have a love-hate relationship with it. I might have been biased and was already prepared to like the book. However, it came up a bit short of my expectations. I wasn't really on board with how much and how long Fitz held off, leaving Summer without any option but to start seeing other guys. (I have become a Hunter fan, by the way.) It became a difficult read for me because I am not a big fan of someone coming between a friendship. And the female MC did. What?! No matter what anyone says, that's what happened. (I cannot wait for Hunter's book!)

But back to Summer and Fitz! Them as a couple was cute but also inspiring to read in the sense that they truly complemented each other--their personalities and even the careers that they have chosen couldn't be more opposite from each other. That was why I couldn't stay disappointed for long on how their relationship really started. I liked how Fitz was a contradiction to the stereotypical jock. I look forward to reading snippets of this couple as we move along this series.

This is definitely a reco for those who like to read a college romance with a dash of naughty and sexy!

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com