Saturday, September 14

Review: The Risk

The Risk The Risk by Elle Kennedy
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book was a surprisingly great read. I already loved Brenna in The Chase but I certainly wasn't expecting Jake Connelly! EK just introduced to us a bunch of some great male characters in the first book so that can only mean there's enough material for the rest of the series, yeah?

First and foremost, let me just say that I think this book was way better than the first one in the series. Although The Chase laid the groundwork for the series (introducing many a character) and at the same time maintain the connection with the previous Off Campus series, The Risk had the luxury to focus on the main story.

Brenna turned out to be a tougher character than I expected--although it made me a bit sad when I was able to guess something from her past before it was revealed in the book. I hate not being surprised anymore. But that was on me for reading too many books. Ha! Jake was on an old soul that beautifully complemented Brenna's character. They both came off as really grown up and mature but at the same time, maintained a youthful aura to their characters. It made their actions and reactions relatable and realistic.

SPOILER!!!
The best part of the whole book for me? Brenna and her dad's mended relationship right at the end. I loved that. :)

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com