Friday, September 20

Review: Pucked Love

Pucked Love Pucked Love by Helena Hunting
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I took a break from the current HH series that I was reading to get my hands on the last book of the Pucked series. This was the series that got me into HH's books and hockey boys--despite being a big sports fan, I'm not really into hockey as a sport. It's probably the tropical living. Ha!

Darren and Charlene's book was a long time coming. Every time a new Pucked book was announced, I always thought it was going to be their love story. After each book came out and then...nothing. The best thing about coming out from a two-year reading slump is finding new books from the different series I had followed before had been released during my absence. This book turned out to be one of those many great surprises.

Darren and Charlene's story was always shrouded in mystery. Whenever they get mentioned in the other earlier books, I had always assumed that they were a dark BDSM couple. Imagine my surprise when I found out that they were not! I loved how their story turned out to be a sweet read and more emotional than expected. You read about them as a couple in the previous books and it felt like a privilege to finally be let in into their world. I have always rooted for them, hence, forever waited for their story to finally be written. Other than lots of surprises (that's what I get for creating stereotypes on this couple), I loved the wooing part. Ahh, Darren, why do you have to be so awesomely sweet?

Sometimes there are stories when even you know that an HEA is guaranteed, it was still fun to read through the journey towards that HEA. This was one of those stories.

View all my reviews

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com