Friday, March 7

Bared To You by Sylvia Day

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness… 

He was beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I’d never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other’s most private wounds...and desires.The bonds of his love transformed me, even as i prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...


I know, I know. If you have read Fifty Shades, you have read them all. At least that's what others say. I don't care if an innumerable people have said that this trilogy is a Grey ripoff but noone can keep me from Gideon Cross. Really.

I did see the similarities to Fifty but this was still a good read. And with all the other "Fifty books" floating around, it was just a matter of finding the good from the bad.

Nevertheless, this was still an interesting book despite the common premise. Gideon AND Eva both turned to have troubled pasts so that levels out the field. But Gideon still displayed the typical alpha billionaire hero that just could't get his hands off one of his employees.

If there was nothing else to enjoy in this book, there were always the secondary characters. I loved Eva's bestfriend, Cary. He was a crazy (but hot!) character and there was in there somewhere and I am looking forward to reading more about him. There was also Eva's boss, Mark, that I couldn't stop imagining as being flamboyant. There were other minor characters that actually inject a lot on interest into the plot...even if some were Gideon's exes. Damn it.

Although this book may not be in my favorites shelf ever, I do look forward to reading more of the characters and finding out what really eventually happens in the end. So I'm lining up books two and three already.


Final verdict: 7/10. Good read.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com