Wednesday, March 12

Reflected In You by Sylvia Day

Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity. 

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...


I'll make this review a quick one.

I am surprised at how I am liking this series as I go along. It took some prodding from a couple of friends before I finally decided to get on the Gideon Cross caravan because I am just too loyal to The Christian Grey. And after the similarities between these two books, it's as hard to compare as it is not to.

Despite all that, SD managed to put her personal style in an overly used storyline these days. Thank God for that because this second book in the series turned out to be better the than first one. Or maybe I have gotten rid of my biases against this series?

With that said, let me take a Cross break and will definitely be moving on the third book in the series. Yep, can't wait!


Final verdict: 8/10. Great read.


Crossfire series reviews:
Bared To You

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com